Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mount Auburn Trip

On Friday I decided to go birding at Mount Auburn Cemetery. It's been on my list of places to go birding for quite some time, since it's so popular. Just took me until now to get around to it. I suppose it was a decent first visit, didn't see too much, though. On the other hand, I was feeling really tired on Friday--no pep--and I only stayed for a couple of hours. I imagine things are completely different say, during the height of warbler migration.

This was the first birding outing I twittered about while I was out there (gosh that's an awkward sentence). I kind of liked it, pretending that people are following my movements and just dying to know what will happen next. ;-P

This was my favorite picture of the day (mother and son?):
Followed by this photo of a bee on Wild Bergamot:
other pictures from the day


Maybe by the end of the day I'll catch up and post about my whale watching trip yesterday. Until then.....

Take nothing but pictures (and maybe the trash of jerks who came before you), leave nothing but footprints.

5 comments:

  1. very nice - I have never been to Mt Auburn, though I hear spring is the best time. I also have VT's northeast kingdom on my list of places for this year - victory & moose bogs, but the year is ebbing away - so we keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a young Flicker before. What a sweet picture!

    Is Bergamot related to Bee Balm? It sure looks like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pic! Love the flicker photo..
    I check out your other photos..Isnt it such a cool place? I need to get there some spring migration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Fliker connection shot.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon,
    I googled Bee Balm, and sure enough, something popped up that said "AKA Bergamot"

    I just used the name that my field guide did, I don't know a thing about wildflowers (yet!) unless they're May Apples.

    ReplyDelete